Monday, November 9, 2009

Close Call

Sunday morning was a busy morning. I stayed up a bit too late Saturday night and paid for it when I slept in a bit Sunday. i got up and was hurriedly getting ready for church. I was doing ok until my phone started going off. I received three texts and a phone call all about the same time. One was setting up a time for my quarterly interview with the bishopric, another was asking me to do the music moment in Relief Society, and I don't even recall what the others were about. Responding to these messages as well as trying to thing of a song for music moment, set me back a bit in the getting ready department. I quickly finished and headed out the door.

When I got home from church I wasn't feeling all that great. I had a headache, my throat was bugging me, and I just felt weak. I ate dinner, played a game on my computer, read my scriptures, and went to bed around 7pm. Around 2:30am I woke up (which is pretty rare for me when I'm on my meds) and just had a general feeling that something was wrong. I couldn't tell what it was. I tried to go back to sleep thinking I'd just had a bad dream, but sleep wouldn't come. I sat up and thought I would just get a drink, use the restroom, and go back to sleep. When I walked in the bathroom I noticed it was warmer than any other room in the house. It struck me as odd since the heater at my house usually doesn't do that. I glanced down and realized that my straightener was still on!! This means it had been on since I got ready for church that morning. Luckily I place my straightener on a hard surface that doesn't burn, but as I reached to turn it off I realized it was close to falling off said surface right into the garbage can which surely would have caught on fire!

I am so grateful for the prompting of the spirit that literally woke me up from a deep sleep just in time to prevent a disaster.

THE CHURCH IS TRUE AND GOD IS ALWAYS WATCHING OUT FOR US!!

No comments:

Post a Comment